This section gives the guidelines and terms of enforcement of the warranty policy:
- Warranty will be applicable from date of purchase of the mattress.
- Warranty is applicable on ‘carry-in’ basis – i.e. the customer must bring the defective mattress to the dealer point, and take new mattress from there.
- Sagging means reduction in thickness > 15mm (for mattresses <4″ thick) and > 37mm (for mattresses >4″ thick).
- Size variation means variance in length or width of the mattress by more than +12mm or -6mm from the stated size.
- The method for checking the size of the mattress is given in Annexure 1.
- Pro-rata warranty is applicable, i.e. 100% value of the mattress (purchase price) is awarded to the consumer in case of warranty claim within 1 year of purchase. Subsequently, pro-rate calculation is used as per sample calculation below:
Ex. Mattress purchase price is Rs.20,000/-
|Customer used||2 years|
|Balance warranty period||3 years|
|Calculation||Rs. 20,000/- x 3 years = 12,000/-|
Warranty will not be applicable in following cases:
- Invoice and warranty card are not available.
- The mattress is out of warranty period.
- Bending/folding/cutting/mishandling of the mattress by consumer.
- Mattress is placed on soft or uneven surface, or a bed/cot of the wrong size.
- Seepage of water or any other liquid onto the mattress.
- Placing any heavy or unusual object on the mattress.
- Infestation by insects or rodents.
- Exposure to heat or fire/smoke.
- Soiling or wear and tear of the outer cover/fabric during usage.
- Customer is unwilling to allow on-site inspection of mattress by company sales representative.
The manufacturers decision will be final and binding on any claim relating to warranty.